What is most important in creating a graphic design that will persuade someone to purchase a game?

Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Post: Progress

Since it's my first assignment from my mentor, he told me I could do anything I wanted. I decided to go with something I'm a little comfortable with. I'm going to vector a picture of an action figure (shown below)

Vectoring is kinda hard to explain, so I'll just take the (abridged) urban dictionary definition:

"A digital art style that uses vector software, such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, etc.

Vector drawings, unlike pixel drawings, are done using the pen tool, which creates paths that are seen as points by your computer. Since they're paths, not pixels, you can zoom in on them without getting any pixellation (unless you copy a vector drawing into a non-vector program like MS Paint. You'll see pixellation if you zoom in using these raster programs)."

So that's what I'm doing to this picture. I think it would be better if I showed you.


I put the size of the image to extra-large so you could see it better. I mainly used the brush tool, since I didn't know how to use the pen tool, the main tool for vectoring. My mentor told me it looked okay, but he suggested using the pen tool for a higher resolution result.

I might try again, but first I have to master the pen tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment