What is most important in creating a graphic design that will persuade someone to purchase a game?

Friday, February 7, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

A: I, Patrick Montoya, affirm that I have completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work

B: Cite a source that helped you complete your independent component
  • CreativeBloq was a big chunk of my research over the last couple months
  • my mentor Inaki Serrano was a big help, considering he was the one I worked for
C: Check the Side of my blog for the log

D: Explanation of what you completed
  • I had to perform independent tasks for my mentor that demonstrated concepts in my research and my techniques he taught me (pictures available further down the blog)

Applied: How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?
  •  Earlier in the year, I was blindly drawing things that looked aesthetically pleasing. However, they were lacking in concept and communication. As I researched further and worked more, I began to get a firmer grasp of what I was up against. Then in my EQ interviews, I was put on a more specific direction of video game graphic design, as opposed to graphic design as a whole. This gave me a goal to work towards

No comments:

Post a Comment