What is most important in creating a graphic design that will persuade someone to purchase a game?

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December Blog: Fixing My Essential Question

If you guys remember, earlier this month, we had all been interviewed on our essential questions. Mine went okay, it actually put me more on track.

My first essential question, which I keep forgetting to put on my blog was "What is the most important factor in creating an effective graphic design?". The teachers found two problems, one being that it wasn't specific enough, and I needed to aim this question at a specific audience.

Coming up with a new essential question wasn't hard, but it was a bit of a challenge, since the subject applies to so many areas. I didn't know what kind of audience to pick. And then it hit me. I always liked gaming, and so do a lot of other people. It's a common hobby. So from there, I had to tweak my essential question to fit the audience I picked. This is what I ended up with:

"What is most important in creating a graphic design that will persuade someone to purchase a game?"

At first, I was split between advertising games, apps, or equipment, since I can only choose one. I went with games since it can mean a video game, a board game, a card game, or any other kind of game I can think of.

Now my background picture in my blog actually has relevance to my senior topic, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment