What is most important in creating a graphic design that will persuade someone to purchase a game?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Senior Project, The Holiday

1. Is it important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it's break or during school? What did you do over the break with your senior project?
  • I think it's important to keep working on your project, even if it's over break, not to lose any momentum
  • I continued to develop my design portfolio over the break.

2.What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why? What was the source of what you learned?
  • Over the break, my mentor was watching me use Photoshop to develop pieces for my portfolio. He noticed how I was working was not very efficient, as I would have a lot of layers and shapes. I would lose track of which layers I needed which sometimes led to irreversible changes. He taught me how to rasterize and merge layers and shapes together so I could reduce the amount of clutter.

The left one was my cluttered workspace, there are too many unnecessary layers and such. The one on the right is my new and improved workspace which is slightly more appealing. Labels also help keep me organized.

3. If you were going to do a 10-question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?
  • My EQ is about persuading the target audience to buy a game. I think instead of an interview with one specific person, it would be a better idea to ask the target audience as a whole how to market to them in a survey. But if I had to interview someone, it would have to be my current mentor, since he and I both know the gamer culture very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment