What is most important in creating a graphic design that will persuade someone to purchase a game?

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

1. Positive Statement-What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or Senior Project and why?

  • I'm proud of the fact that I actually made time in the block presentation. I didn't think I would make it, but I did. At first, I was four minutes short, but at the end of my activity, I critiqued the class's work using research and talked about my sources, which helped me cover the last four minutes I needed.
2a. What grade would you give yourself on the block presentation?
  • I think I deserve at least an AP on my block presentation
2b. What grade would you give yourself on your overall senior project?
  • Like the block presentation, I think I deserve at least an AP on the senior project.
3. What worked for you in your senior project?
  • I felt that the whole senior project was easily manageable. My uncle and mentor, Inaki Serrano, was easily accessible, my topic was easy to find research, and the components weren't too difficult. It was all really a matter of planning and scheduling everything around a busy schedule to get the assignments done on time
4. What didn't work?
  • Well, I feel like I did some less-than-adequate work on some assignments, which in the long-run would've helped me a little better had I done them right the first time. At first, I scoffed at assignments like the research grid and senior paper findings, but I have a feeling I'd be able to use them better to my advantage had I put more effort into them.
5. How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?
  • I've become a little closer to my uncle through the interviews and mentorship. Now I feel like I can relate to his career better.
  • I've gotten a feel for what a graphic designer does on a daily basis. This includes handling small tasks involving the drawing pad like in my mentorship and independent components
  • I can put this mentorship on my resume, giving me a slight edge in the competition
  • My Photoshop and Illustrator skills have grown since I started. At first I didn't even know how to use the pen tool, and now I can use all kinds of advanced techniques like remove pimples on a face or create a cartoon out of a real-life portrait of a person.
  • I've had a taste of what people are capable of designing, fueling my inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment